Clam Island 2022 New Year Update

  • As part of our long term vision to attract mainstream retail investors to the platform, it is important to offer “safer” investment options for the first time yield farmers in order for Clam Island to be a legitimate “Play-to-Invest” platform that can compete with other yield farming and investment platforms.
  • Our farming lock mechanism means that 50% of farming rewards are locked for 7 days. During those 7 days, the locked rewards can still be used to purchase Clams. As farming Clams for Pearls is also the highest APR option available on the platform, the user is incentivised to try Clam farming at some point. And if the feedback we have been receiving about our product holds true, for many people simply trying once is enough to get them hooked!
  • Insofar as yield farming inflation is concerned, macroeconomics is much more important than focusing on the potential sell pressure and APR from non-native pools. What matters is the weighting distribution between native and non-native pools, and the overall inflation schedule. In relation to the former, our native pools currently collectively hold 62% of the total reward weight. We are comfortable with this from a long term perspective.
  • Compatibility with third party NFT marketplaces (as this item is already delayed, this is one of our priority items which we aim to complete over the next couple of weeks);
  • Optimising the GEM stream contracts to remove the current 20-Pearl stream limit (which prevents you from burning more Pearls if there are already 20 Pearls streaming in one wallet);
  • Further gas optimisations across the smart contracts;
  • Implementation of a locked $SHELL pool that provides additional benefits on Clam Island to locked stakers;
  • Implementation of a zap function to enter / exit yield farming pools (i.e. use BNB to directly enter into / exit from a pool without having to acquire or convert out of LP tokens first);
  • Integration of a fiat onramp;
  • Allowing the purchase of Clams with BNB (80% of which will be used to buy and burn GEM, with the other 20% going to treasury);
  • Allowing people to choose a size tier when buying Clams, with prices matching the size tiers and the resulting effect on Clam multiplier. This will allow someone to buy, for example, one Clam that is likely to have a multiplier that is 3x higher than the lowest tier Clam, instead of having to buy 3 separate Clams.
  • And more to come!




Gamified Yield Farming + NFT on Binance Smart Chain. Earn, collect and trade on Clam Island

Love podcasts or audiobooks? Learn on the go with our new app.

Recommended from Medium

CrowdFundJunction Partners with Oddiyana Ventures

30,000 BAGEL Airdrop Distribution of Deposit and Lending Event from Aug 24th-26th (UTC-4)

The Highs and Lows of Cryptocurrency

Sky Mavis’ NFT Game Generates $2 Billion in Sales

Announcing the Cosmos Community Contributor Grants Recipients of Q2

ArenaCFx Adds Support for Seven(7) More Cryptocurrencies | ArenaCFx

The Newsletter by Tokenize Xchange (Vol.154| Sept 2021)

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Clam Island

Clam Island

Gamified Yield Farming + NFT on Binance Smart Chain. Earn, collect and trade on Clam Island

More from Medium

GAMESTA Staking Pools Open 16th January 24:00 UTC

OIG Partners With GameUp:

Partnerships & Game Integrations

What is ‘slippage’ in cryptocurrency, and why does it matter?